This Privacy Notice provides you with details of the type of personal data we may collect about you, how we process it and the limited conditions under which we may pass your information to trusted third parties. Please rest assured that ER First Aid does not sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. We hope the following will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
Explaining the legal basis for processing data
The new law on data protection (ie GDPR) highlights a number of reasons a company may need to gather and process an individual’s personal information:
Consent: you have given us consent to collect and process your data for one or more specific purpose ie. you have ticked a box on our website to receive email newsletters.
Contractual obligations: we need your personal data in order to comply with our contractual obligations with you ie. we need your email address to ensure people attending our courses are bona fide.
Legal compliance: we need to process your data in order to remain compliant with the law ie. stopping fraudulent activities.
Legitimate interest: we need to process your data in order to pursue our legitimate interest which you would expect as part of running a business ie. using your course attendance data to send you personalised messages and offers.
- You have the right to be informed. This document highlights the steps we are taking to be completely transparent in how we use your personal data.
- You have the right to know exactly what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
- You have the right to rectify any of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right ‘to be forgotten’. Your personal data can be deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why you wish to do so.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to retain or reuse your personal data for your own purpose.
- You have the right to object to your personal data being used.
- You have the right of automated decision making and profiling, protecting you against potentially damaging decision being made without human intervention.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you make an enquiry or a purchase for any of our courses.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you subscribe to our email update services.
- When you contact us by any means with queries and complaints.
- When you request information about a service.
- When you enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey.
- When you give us feedback / reviews & testimonials.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- Identifiable data may include: name, gender, date of birth, billing / delivery address, email address and phone number.
- Financial data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Marketing data may include your social media and other username, details of your training preferences and your comments and reviews of our services.
- Communication data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
- Non identifiable data may include usage data, exit page & URLs, number of clicks.
We do not collect sensitive data about you. These would include race & ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinion, health information and criminal record.
Cookies & Google Analytics
When someone visits ER First Aid we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. The vast majority of information collected is anonymous traffic data.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We use the data that we collect
- to operate and maintain our website,
- to send you marketing information and communications, including promotions, products,
- to process your booking and comply with our legal obligations when doing so,
- to respond to your questions and concerns. We may also keep a record of those to demonstrate how we handled your queries,
- to provide you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience,
- to process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions,
- to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, and competitions.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Personally identifiable data
ER First Aid will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. Any personally identifiable information that you decide to make public (for example commenting on our blog posts), will be available to others.Non identifiable data
We do share non identifiable data (for example usage data, exit page & URLs, number of clicks etc) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage pattern of our website
For example, we work with the following trusted third party suppliers:
● IT companies who look after our our website and other business systems.
● Google, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet.
What are your rights over your personal data?
- Request access to information that ER First Aid has about you, free of charge in most cases.
- Correct any information that ER First Aid has about you, when information is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Request that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (there is always an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our marketing emails)
- Delete information that ER First Aid has about you
To ask for your information, please email ER First Aid. To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact us.
Your right to withdraw consent
We respect your privacy rights to change your mind and withdraw consent to use your personal data, at any time. We will action your request as soon as we possibly can.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You may update, correct or delete your data and preferences at any time by accessing your data online or emailing us.
Checking your identity
Before any request for change or deletion is actioned you will be asked for proof of identity. This is to protect the confidentiality of your information.
What if you have a complaint?
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Officer (ICO), which regulates data protection compliance in the UK, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal data. You can find out how to do this by visiting www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If you have any further questions about ER First Aid’s collection and storage of data, please contact us.